LIC had conducted the LIC AAO Exam for the post of Assistant Administrative Officer on March 12, 2016. The exam was conducted in two slots i.e. at 8:30 AM and 12: 45 PM.
Below is the overall Analysis and Expected cutoff for the paper. As per the Official Notification, there are a total of 750 vacancies.
Below is the pattern of the exam
Quantitative Aptitude: 30 Questions (90 Marks)
Reasoning: 30 Questions (90 Marks)
English Language: 40 Questions (Maximum Marks: QUALIFYING)
GK + Current Affairs: 30 Questions (60 Marks)
Computer Knowledge: 30 Questions (60 Marks)
TOTAL: 160 Questions (300 Marks)
Total Time: 2 hours (120 minutes)
Detailed analysis of the Exam.
Difficulty level: Easy to moderate
1. Series: 5 Question. Questions were easy and were based on addition ,Multiplication, subtraction, division
2. Quadratic: 5 Question. Questions were very easy.
3. Miscellaneous: 10 Question. Questions were of a moderate level and were calculative in nature.
Miscellaneous questions were from Profit and Loss, Concept of Boats and Streams, Probability, Simple Interest, Age, Time and Work.
4. Data interpretation: 2 sets – 10 Questions including Table and line graph
Note: No question was asked from Simplification & Data Sufficiency.
Difficulty level: Easy to moderate.
1. Seating Arrangement linear: 5 question (Easy to Moderate) involving two rows North South facing (6 person sits each rows)
2. Seating Arrangement Circular : 5 Question (Easy to Moderate) – Inward – Outward
3. Miscellaneous: 5 question – Blood Relation (2 questions) and Direction (3 questions)
4. Puzzle: 2 set – 10 Question (Easy to Moderate). One set was easy whereas the other set was on a harder side.
Note: No question was asked from Inequality & Data Sufficiency.
Difficulty level: Easy
1. Reading Comprehension: 1 set - 10 questions (Easy to Moderate). RC was based upon insurance industry.
2. Cloze test: 10 question (Easy to Moderate)
Based on Technology [in Both shifts]
3. Fill in the Blanks: 5 question (Easy to Moderate)
4. Para Jumbles: 5 question (Easy)
Based on Insurance Industry [in Morning shifts] Based on Internet [in Evening shifts]
5. Sentence Correction: 5 question (Easy to Moderate)
6. Spotting Error: 5 question (Moderate)
Note: This section was of 40 Marks.
Difficulty level: Easy
Most of the questions in this section were easy. You could have easily answered 23-25 questions in this section.
General Knowledge and Current Affairs
Difficulty level: Moderate
The questions were from current affairs, Static GK.
Note: There was no question from Budget And Insurance.
Overall Difficulty level of the paper was Easy to Moderate.
Expected Cutoff: 222 to 228